Saturday, July 25, 2009

Denali






We were kind of out of touch for a while so I guess I have some catching up to do. A few days ago we went on the Alaska Railroad to Denali National Park. That's where Mt. McKinley is, which is the highest point in North America. It's also called Denali, which means The Great One, by the local natives. I can see what they mean because it's so amazing to look at. We couldn't see the top because of the clouds but our tour guide said you can only see it about twenty days a year anyway.


We got on a bus very early in the morning and Daddy let me sit on the seat next to him. Good thing too because I would have missed everything if I had had to stay on the floor like I''m supposed to!




Right off the bat, we saw a grizzly bear. He was a long way away, so I couldn't smell him too well but everyone said how big he was. After that, we saw some caribou. Man, those things have big horns on their heads. How do they carry all that weight around with them all the time?


After that, we saw some more caribou, and then we saw a wolf! The lady said it's rare to see one in the daytime and this one was sleeping in the sun. At least, I hope he was sleeping...



We rode that bus all the way to the end of the road and all the way back again. One hundred and eighty miles on a school bus. I was so tired at the end of the day, all I wanted to do was sleep. But I want to do that again sometime because it was so AWESOME!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment