Friday, July 31, 2009

One more look

Well, we're home and more or less recovered from our trip home from Alaska. For the most part, the trip was absolutely awesome and Mommy and Daddy are already talking about going back. I had so many favorite parts, I'm not sure I can remember them all.

There was the very first day when we drove to Whittier. I stuck my head outside the car every time I could. We stopped at a place where you could watch for salmon. We didn't see any, but it smelled pretty interesting. It rained a lot that day but I got to meet a reindeer, and see some sea otters. That night we stayed in a little cottage in Seward and I know there had been bears there in the garden.

A couple of days later, we drove back to the city and we stopped along the way for ice cream. Daddy had rocky road and he shared it with me.

The next day, we went on the train and I got to sit on the seat and look out the window. Mommy took me out once so I could, you know, and it was really scary going up and down those steps, but I DID IT! We spent that night in a little cabin by a river. Mommy found me a stick that I could chew on and play with, and I still have it. It's my own Alaskan souvenir!

The bus ride through the big park was long but there was a lot to see. I saw the bears but they were too far away to smell me, so that was good. Somebody said there was a wolf but it was on the other side of the bus so I couldn't see it. It was a really pretty day, with lots of sun, clouds and wind. It rained that night but I got to stay in the cabin while Mommy and Daddy went to get dinner, so I didn't get wet.

The next day, I got to play in the river a little bit before we got back on the train. It was really cold but it was so much fun! I ran around in circles, and dug in the sand, and played with a stick. Mommy was laughing so hard!

A couple of days later, we went to a farm where they had a whole herd of musk ox. I met one of the little babies, only eleven weeks old, and then one of the older ones. The baby was scared of me I think, but the older one followed me all the way to the end of the fence. Then we went to an old gold mine in the mountains, and then we drove on a dirt road for a long way. It was a little scary, but I got to see snow, and that was cool.

We stayed in a little town called Talkeetna that night, and the next morning we wandered around the town. It's so small, that the main street is only a couple of blocks long. And the mayor is a cat! After Mommy and Daddy got some souvenirs, we went back to Anchorage and got on the plane to come home.

I can't wait to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment