Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Welcome friends

My name is Pandora and I'm a yellow Labrador Retriever. I was born on September 29, 2006 in San Rafael, California, and I lived with a lovely girl named Mackenzie for the first fifteen months of my life. I got lots of love and attention and I learned all kinds of things about how to be a well-behaved puppy, like how to sit and stay and lie down. I also learned how to not bark at other dogs and how to not beg for food when people are eating. That one was really hard!

When I was fifteen months old, I came home to San Rafael to learn how to be a Guide Dog for a visually-impaired person. I got lots more attention and learned a lot of new stuff like how to walk in a harness and how to lead someone who can't see very well down the street and to keep them safe at the same time. I also learned something called "intelligent disobedience", which basically means that if my person tells me to do something where I know someone is going to get hurt, I can disobey and not get in trouble for it. Pretty cool, huh!

I met my guardians, Robert and Karen, on the Fourth of July, 2008. They're terrific people who take very good care of me. They give me treats, and buy me toys and they take me almost everywhere they go! The only thing they won't let me do is do my business on the front lawn of the house. I have to go in the street and it's not very nice. :(

I plan to use this blog to tell you all about my adventures with Robert and Karen. We've already had quite a few and I'll tell you about those too. But I thought it would be polite to introduce myself first. See you soon!

1 comment: