Sunday, July 12, 2009

My day at the Fair



Today we went to the Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton. We got there real early before all the crowds and it was so nice. We walked around the midway, it was still closed but that didn't matter since we weren't going on any of the rides anyway. Then we wandered around some of the exhibits, including some really pretty gardens. I really wanted to go on the grass, but Daddy wouldn't let me. :-(

To make up for that, we went over to the kids park and guess what we saw?! There was a little ride there that had come from Michael Jackson's ranch called Neverland. Mommy was pretty excited and wanted to take a picture of us in front of it. Daddy just rolled his eyes but he was a good sport and went along with it.

Then, we walked over to this little yard that had sawdust all over it and some little bleachers set up under a tent. It felt so good to lie down on the grass but something smelled really interesting.... It was the mini dog races! The man said I had to lie under the bleachers so as not to distract the little dogs, but I could still see pretty well. There were three races with three little dogs in each race and some of them were so cute. I really wanted to play with them but I guess they were working, same as me.

After lunch, we saw a little show that had a dog in it that looked just like me! He was pretending to be the first mate on a pirate ship and he got to do all kinds of neat things like raise the anchor and climb a ladder! There were cats that climbed ropes and even one that walked a plank and then jumped off.

After that, we went over to see the big animals. I got to meet a rabbit, a chicken and a sheep. And when we went into the shed with the big animals, I came face to face with a pig that was bigger than me. I was sooooo scared that I jumped backwards to get away from it. But Mommy said that he couldn't get out of his pen, so I didn't have to be scared any more.

We had such a good time even though it was really hot. I think that after dinner, I'll just sleep for the rest of the day. G'night!










No comments:

Post a Comment