Monday, July 20, 2009

North to Alaska!

























Oh. My. God. This place is so beautiful! Even though it's been raining, it's still so gorgeous! But I'm getting ahead of myself. We arrived on Friday afternoon after traveling all day, since about 5:00am. I got to sleep most of the way so I had a lot of energy when we got to the hotel. Mommy and Daddy were really tired though so they took a nap and then we went to get some dinner. It was really late but the sun was still shining! Weird.


The next day, we drove to a place called Whittier where we got on a boat that took us out into a couple of fjords. It was cold and rainy but it cleared up a little after we got out on the water. We saw lots of ice floating in the water and these big blue piles of ice called glaciers. I'm glad I didn't have to go in that water because it was so cold, it was almost white! We also saw some really cute little animals called sea otters that looked a little bit like me, except they liked to lie in the water and just float around. They let me sniff one and it was kind of cool.




Afterwards, we got back in the car and drove to a little cottage in the woods called Rose and Moss. The nice lady there had some really good biscuits for me and there were lots of interesting wild animal smells. There might have been some animals around but we didn't see any.

On Sunday, we got on a different boat that was going out into Prince William Sound to see whales and whatever else we could see. We saw a couple more otters, and some different kinds of birds. Unfortunately, Mommy got really sick and I was really worried about her so I didn't get to see a lot of other animals. :-(


We were supposed to drive to another town called Homer after the boat trip on Sunday but Mommy was too sick to drive so we stayed another night in Seward. Daddy and I took good care of her and now she's much better. We drove back to our hotel in Anchorage and tomorrow we're going on a train. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment